Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A New Day

And so I write for a new day.
A new day, a gray day, a day of cat and cold.
I write for the moments I've lost with the ones I love, for the moments I've gained in the light above.
I wait for you on precipices of thought and dreams, and wonder if you'll enter into them.
The day above is gray and black, I'm black and blue and white all through.
And so I write for a new day.
A new day, a gray day, a day of coal and stripes.
I write for moments I've lost with the ones I love, for the moments I've gained, and for the light above.
I wonder in the stillness if I know the way home,
and I wonder if I'll get there and what I'll say.
I think of all the memories I thought I was sure of, and the way they've all been wished away.
I think I'll go down to the sea and see monsters,
I think I'll go and I'll control the waves.
But today is not the day I thought it would be, and I'm wondering wildly as I wait.
And so I write for a new day.
A new day, a gray day, a day of old and new.
I write for the moments I've lost with the ones I love, for the moments I've gained and for love.

No comments: