Wednesday, January 18, 2012

father can you hear me?

father can you hear me?
father can you see me?
nights when the wind blows
I look out my windows
there's nothing to see

blindsides on all sides
twelve o'clock highs.
there's no hope on the other side
but the tracks are high and wide.

he can't see his own face
in the mirror on the mantelpiece
just the frown of his mother's eyes
on the forehead, between the brows.

bluegrass blows
and the indian paint brush
glows on the hillside
pining for attention like always.

blue pinpricks of light between the blinds.
waking up to sirens.
don't be my brother, be my lover,
don't make me walk this road alone.

the rash of heat this year
just makes the clouds seem darker.
and then there's the circus barker
always on the news.

father can you hear me?
I know that you can't see me.
but someone's gotta be me.
can't be no one tonight.

2 comments:

Naraelle said...

"like"

Gillia Lambert said...

thank you. I like it too... just a little dark is all.